Growing up so fast......


I can't believe our little girl is almost 10 weeks now! Where has the time gone? I remember holding her little 4 1/2 pound, frail frame at Strong hospital....and now Avery is gaining and growing everyday! I am getting very depressed as I go back to work in 2 weeks. I see so much when I am home with her....I can't imagine missing any one of them. The latest....I am sadly giving up breastfeeding. Little Miss Avery is seemigly allergic to a protein in my breastmilk. I have tried everything to adjust my diet and nothing is working. I took a 24 hour hiatus (while pumping and freezing my milk) from breasfeeding and tried Similac Alimentum (a hypoallergenic formula) and it has turned my baby from a crying, fussy, gassy girl to the most wonderful baby that ever was! She even slept 4 hours STRAIGHT last night with no fussing, and no grunting. I am giving it until the end of the weekend and then making my final decision but....it looks like the formula is really helping her feel more comfortable. It just breaks my heart that I have to give up nursing her. As much as I hated it at first, I grew to love my 1:1 time with my daughter, something only I could do with her :( But her wellbeing and comfort is my #1 priority and after much discussion with my ped, my lactation nurse and scouring the internet, I feel I am making the right decision. It is just a hard one.....

1 Comments:
Oh honey, I hear ya. I too struggled with giving up breastfeeding. I think it was more guilt than anything else, that somehow I was a "less than" mom because I stopped. Bull. You have given her a gift and something that will help her to grow up strong. Everytime Ella has a 'moment' I state, "She's amazing - it was the breastmilk." In regards to work. Nothing makes that better. Trust me. Nothing but time and knowing that little Avery will know her mama and will look forward to when she gets home. Don't beat yourself up over any of it. It gets a bit easier. You will find other moments to have, only the two of you...this growing up thing is hard huh?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home