The Thompson's Est. 12/20/2003

This is the site of Jennifer and Keith Thompson. Their romance began their Junior Year of high school (1993)and ended up in marriage on December 20, 2003. Throughout their 10 year (OMG! 10 years?!?!?) courtship, they grew apart, and then together, and then apart and then (oh, well you get the drift)…… but in the end, a wonderful romantic friendship turned into a strong partnership that they both believed, would stand the test of time. And then....came Avery Grace :)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine’s Day, Let’s Celebrate with an Ultrasound!

Not many things make me speechless. As all my readers know, there is very few times in my life that I am at a loss for words. What I saw today made my jaw drop, my heart swell and my life seem a whole lot more meaningful. I saw my son/daughter for the first time on an ultrasound screen. He/she was the most beautiful little gummy-bear looking creature that I have ever seen. Now, when you are talking a 7 wk ultrasound, there is really not much that you can see but to me, it was the most beautiful sight that I had ever experienced. I saw his/her little heart beating and I have never felt so happy. Needless to say, everything looks good, my due date is 10/02/05 and I am officially 7 weeks, 1 day today. I have to go back on March 2nd for my final, 1st trimester ultrasound (I will be 9wks then) at the fertility clinic, and then I will be stamped with the “normal pregnancy” seal and sent back to my regular OBGYN. Oh, how I pray I make it to the “normal pregnancy” stamping…….I have never been normal at anything regarding reproductive issues, so it will be my first chance to feel what it is to be “normal”. How exciting!

So….yesterday I felt what it was like to feel out of control. Literally, I was not in control of my own body fluids. Sounds pretty gross….. let me explain. I went grocery shopping last night at Wegmans. I was feeling a little tired but nothing too serious. I headed down the produce aisle and caught a whiff of the most disgusting smell that I have ever experienced. I don’t know if it was meat cooking or cheese or WHATEVER but it made my stomach turn. I thought that I was going to puke all over the nicely waxed and polished Granny Smith apples that were ahead of me. I ran over to where they have all the donuts and muffins and grabbed one of the bags that you put them in and thought I was going to lose it. Luckily the feeling passed but I have never felt that way in my life. I can’t imagine being a grown woman, throwing up in the middle of the grocery store. The horror!!!!!

Today is Valentine’s Day. Although Keith and I spent a nice night out on Saturday, I think I am going to go home, make a nice dinner and celebrate with my husband. Our last V-day sans a child! I just love the sound of that!!!!! Happy Valentines Day, everyone!!!!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 19 February, 2006 , Blogger Chastity said...

Ultrasounds are awesome! I get so excited every time I have one. Just wait until you can see it moving around on the screen...totally cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home