January 2005
Keith and I began our journey to parenthood in January 2005. It hit me like a ton of bricks, one day, that it was about time for me to be a mommy. I have been prepping to be a mother my entire life. I look back to taking care of my sisters at an early age, watching cousins, neighbors and friend’s children. I was always hearing how wonderful I was with children. It has always been a part of me. So, I thought, it would be a snap to be a mommy. You time things right and Badda Bing, Badda Boom, you're pregnant and in 9 months your son/daughter comes out 18 and ready for college, right? I have always had a special connection to kids and never ever questioned me being a mother someday. If I had to compare myself to someone, I guess you could say that I am like the Peter Pan character in the Disney movie (Ok, not in the “creepy Michael Jackson way”, in the “I don’t care how old I am, I will always find a reason to laugh or make myself look ridiculous to get others to laugh”). I’ll never grow up (too much) and I hope that my children will appreciate that outlook on life! Keith supported me in the quest for motherhood, and we decided that the Thompson’s were ready to be a party of Three!
As I think back to the day that I went off the dreaded BCP (birth control pill), I was prepping myself to write an absurdly long paper for graduate school. The one of many that I had already completed while finishing up my Master’s in Social Work at the University at Buffalo. Was I crazy? Was I ready to be a mom, despite working full-time, doing a 16 hr. per week internship and taking 2 classes??? I was. I really was. I felt it throughout my bones and I knew that waiting another minute to bring Baby Thompson into this world was not an option. I guess, when you are ready, you are ready. It doesn’t matter what type of financial situation or time constraint that you are in. So......onwards and upwards……cheers to the creation of Baby Thompson! Hooray! But as excited as I was with this revelation, I knew (deep down inside) that this was not going to be easy task. Not that I would not enjoy trying to have children :), but that the actual creation of life inside my body, was not going to be an easy task. Nothing had ever happened to me to make me think that this could be a possibility, it was just this feeling that I had. And this feeling would prove a reality and the emotional rollercoaster that I call "My almost-year of trying for Baby T".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home