Almost 9 weeks…………
I figure if I update how I am feeling every few weeks, I won’t bore everyone too much. I can tell you that now I am definitely having some very different symptoms. I wake up at least 2 times per night to use the bathroom. Thank goodness we went with the 2 ½ bathroom house b/c if the bathroom was not in my bedroom, I am not sure if I would make it. Every time I eat something it feels like it gets stuck in the back of my throat. Not heartburn, necessarily, just like my esophagus got smaller. Is that possible? I’ll have to look that one up in my “What to expect” book. I definitely feel queasy, no morning sickness (THANK GOD!!!!!) but I am definitely not feeling 100% throughout my day. Food just doesn’t appeal to me like it used to. I am definitely not having a problem eating, that is for sure but only certain things appeal to me. I NEVER used to be a picky eater, and now I am usually never happy with the food selection in the house. My pants have (GULP) already started to get tighter on me. Man! I was hoping to get through this trimester without gaining weight (I refuse to get on a scale so I am not sure if I gained weight or I am just SOOO bloated) but I definitely think that at the end of the first trimester, I will be in a size larger. Bummer!
So…..besides my symptoms, things are going well. It has definitely sunk in that I am going to be a mom and I can’t wait! You’ll find me in my office every once in a while, patting my stomach, envisioning my little baby chilling in a sunny yellow amniotic sac. I actually imagine him/her flashing me the “thumbs up” sign, letting me know things are moving along and everything is OK. I have my 2nd viability ultrasound next Thursday @ 9am….I can’t wait to see the beaner again. My doc said that this time I will be able to see fingers and toes! How exciting!!!!!!!!! I continue to pray that everything is going well but I don’t know how to explain it, I have such a calm about me lately. As nervous as I still am about anything going wrong, something deep inside me knows that everything is going to be fine in the end.
Things are still a little hairy around the Thompson household. Keith and I are in a state of “waiting”. We are waiting for the baby, waiting for our rental property to be sold, waiting for our frigging SOB tenant to pay his friggin rent for February that was due on February 1st----- today is FEBRUARY 23RD!!!!! (can you tell I am a little annoyed?), waiting to get some money to complete some house projects……we are a couple in waiting. I am sick of waiting. I am glad to wait for the baby to come, but these other issues need to be resolved like, ASAP! I would like to have the house semi-finished with FURNITURE by the time the baby gets here. I know that God has a plan for us and I know that in the last few months, He has totally answered my prayers (and then some) and for that I am so grateful……I would just love to have a few of these other things off my plate so I can just be “in the moment”. I worry sometimes about my life in the near future and I just have to CHILL. But it is so hard……SO HARD.
Will update everyone after my ultrasound next Thursday. Can’t wait……..
PUSH

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home