Some Chinese Medicine and A Little "Fine Tuning"
More disappointment followed my last blog when I found out that I, again, did not get pregnant. It had been over 10 months of trying and NOTHING. I knew everything that was wrong with me and it felt unbearable. I had the medical aspect of everything that was happening to me, but wasn't there another side? Enter..... B. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. I had my first acupuncture treatment and it was wonderful. My acupuncturist told me that people in my situation had a problem with releasing the heat in their bodies. This heat caused havac and would case cysts, irregular periods etc.....If we could release "the heat", we could improve my chances of having a baby. Release the HEAT BABY! My acupuncturist, Jake, is helping me with my heating problem as we speak. Acupuncture is the most relaxing thing I have ever known. They stick you with needles and then...................................***CALM**** The most intese feeling of calm that I have ever known. When I go into this medetative state, I can imagine myself a mom, feel the baby in my arms and see my new family in the flesh. I don't even want to leave the room. It is amazing. Only prob is......it isn't covered under my insurance (it seems, nothing is) and it is $60-$80 a pop :( Everything good costs an obscene amount of money. Thank God for my mom who graciously gave me all my X-mas $$$ in advance for 2 months worth of acupuncture. Baby T thanks you, mom :)
After not getting pregnant this month, I officially was written off by Dr. V and my case was totally and completely transferred to Dr. M at the RFCC. I was disappointed but actually a little releived at the same time. I felt like Dr. V was grasping at straws and she really wasn't very good at the fertility stuff. I had a meet/greet with Dr. M and he went through my entire history and we set out a plan for the next few months. I would get bloodwork, an x-ray of my fallopian tubes, different fertilty meds etc. My problem was that I am not ovulating. That is my only problem (says Dr. M) in his book, and he guarantees me that he can help. He said that there is nothing that needs "fixing" per say, only "fine tuning". Everything that I was given was given to me for a reason and "we'll use what we've got".
I started on Glucophage (a med that prevents the cysts from attaching to my ovary). Side effects- "the runny tummy", nasea, food aversions. Blech!!!! It was HORRIBLE for the first 3 weeks but I am getting used to it now. I eat 50% more now b/c everything I eat, ends up going right through me. You'd think I would be SOOOOOO skinny. You'd THINK!!!! I will also start injectible drugs this month. I hate shots and now I have to give myself shots like....ALL THE TIME!!! That is horrible to me! I can't even touch my eye with my finger much less jab a needle into my skin. EWWWW!!!!!
Dr. M also told me that I would be inseminated each cycle to increase the chances of conception. There is just too much that can go wrong, Dr M. says, once the sperm enters my body. I have a hard enough time ovulating.......he doesn't want to take any chances wasting any of my eggies :)
All in all, I am in good spirits. The lesson in all of this.......Praise God for every day's small miracles. It makes you TRULY and COMPLETELY amazed when the big ones come along :)
The saga continues........writing is truly the best therapy I could ever ask for.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home